The Rye - Harrison football game is this Saturday, October 10, 2015 with kick-off at 11am. Here are all the details you need to know from Athletic Director Rod Mergardt:
"Dear Rye Families:
It is my pleasure to invite you to a very special athletic event to be held at McGillicuddy Stadium at Harrison High School. This coming Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 11:00 AM is the Rye Garnets/Harrison Huskies football game. Following are details and a few requests we ask of you to help keep this game an event that maintains a tradition of pride in our athletes and our community, and that models cooperation, sportsmanship, and respect of the teams.
Please note the following details and requests:
Gates open at 9:00 AM. Spectators will not be allowed on the premises prior to 9:00 AM.
- Admission $5.00 (Children under 4 enter free).
- There is limited parking at the high school site. You are advised to park at one of these locations:
- 550/600 Mamaroneck Avenue & LMK Middle School (GPS) 50 Union Ave., Harrison, NY, 10528
- Shuttle service will be provided to and from the parking areas.
- At the conclusion of the game, Rye spectators will access shuttle buses at the West Street gate beneath the scoreboard.
- There will be NO PARKING along the side streets of the High School. Harrison police WILL ticket illegally parked vehicles.
- There will be NO OVERNIGHT parking at the high school. The lot will be cleared at 10 PM, Friday October 9, 2015. Any remaining cars will be ticketed and towed at the expense of the owner.
- We support the Harrison Central School District policy prohibiting: alcohol, open containers, smoking, weapons, masks, noisemakers, tailgating, dogs, pets, footballs, Frisbees, face/body paint and signs.
- All bags are subject to search.
The Harrison Police Department will strictly enforce all rules and regulations to ensure the health and safety of players and spectators. We ask your cooperation so that we can all enjoythe greatest high school football rivalry in Westchester County!
SPORTSMANSHIP IS AN EXPECTATION
Let the Players Play
Let the Coaches Coach
Let the Officials Officiate
Let the Spectators be Positive
The Rye-Harrison JV football game is scheduled for 4:00 PM at Rye High School on Tuesday, October 13. Please come out to support our JV football team.
The annual Pep Rally will be held in the Rye High School gym at 7:00 PM on Friday, October 9, followed by the bonfire (weather permitting) on the lower grass field.
Thank you for your enthusiasm and support!
Director Health, PE and Athletics
Rye City School District"