(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 is out.
There will be regular meeting and a budget workshop held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, December 7, 2016 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to discuss litigation.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Playing with Money. Mayor and Council amendments to the proposed 2017 City of Rye Budget. Roll Call.
- Talking Money. Public Hearing on the proposed 2017 Budget.
- Albany Override. Public Hearing to adopt a Local Law to override the State enacted tax levy limitation.
- Park Cash. Consideration regarding the request from the Rye Town Park Commission for $50,000 in funding from the City of Rye for the Rye Town Park’s Capital Account for FY 2015.
- 300K Legal Cash. Resolution to transfer $100,000 from the Contingency account and appropriate $200,000 from the General Fund, Fund Balance to the Legal Department to fund legal services. Roll Call.
- 50K Engineering Cash. Resolution to appropriate $30,000 from the General Fund, Fund Balance to the City Council Consultant Account to fund traffic engineering services for the United Hospital redevelopment project. Roll Call.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- H2O Conservation. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 194, “Water”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §194-1, “Conservation in times of emergency”, to give the City Manager the authority to declare conservation in times of water emergency.
- Safety Merger. Public Hearing on the proposed revision to the Rye City Charter to rescind Article 12 “Police Department” and Article 13 “Fire Department” and create a new Article 12 “Department of Public Safety” and to create a new position of “Commissioner of Public Safety” which position shall have charge and supervision of the Police and Fire Departments.
- Talking Big Poles. Continuation of the Public Hearing regarding the request submitted by Crown Castle to amend their agreement with the City and for the installation of additional locations to their existing wireless telecommunications located in the City of Rye; and Consideration to review a SEQR determination in connection with the request submitted by Crown Castle to amend the Right of Way Use Agreement and the installation of additional locations to their existing wireless telecommunications located in the City of Rye.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 7:30pm.