(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 7, 2015 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, October 7, 2015 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to attorney/client matters.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Rye Rising. Resolution authorizing the acceptance of funding through the NY Rising Community Reconstruction Program and providing authorization for the Mayor and City Council to Manager to enter into the following agreement and resolutions:
- NY Rising Community Reconstruction Program Subrecipient Agreement
- Resolution to adopt a Procurement Policy
- Resolution to adopt a Citizen Participation Plan
- Resolution to adopt an Affirmative Action Plan
- Resolution to adopt Section 504 Policies and Grievance Procedures
- Wrinkle City. Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 197, “Zoning”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §197-2, “Districts, A: Residence Districts” to change the zoning designation of a property at 120 Old Post Road from the B-4, Office Building, District to a New RA-6, Active Senior Residence, District; and amending Section §197-86, “Tables of Regulations: Table A, Residence Districts – Area Yard, Height and Miscellaneous Regulations” to add the proposed RA-6 zone.
- Can't Hear You... Continuation of Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, of the Rye City Code regarding regulations on mechanical rock removal.
- Our Money. Summary of the 2016 Budget Process and Consideration of setting the 2016 Budget Workshop schedule.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Ben Franklin. Resolution to transfer $15,000 from the Contingency account to fund the restoration and placement of the City of Rye Mile Markers.
- eBay. Resolution to declare certain City of Rye Police equipment as surplus. Roll Call.
- For the Birds. Consideration of a request by the Recreation Department to hold their 39th annual Turkey Run on Saturday, November 28, 2015 during Thanksgiving Weekend.
- Smooching. Consideration of a request by the Rye Merchants Association to close a portion of Purchase Street on Sunday, November 29, 2015 from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. for the Mistletoe Magic event.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, October 21, 2015 at 7:30pm.