(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, July 8, 2015 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The meeting will be preceded by an Audit Committee Meeting beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Mayor’s Conference room.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 25 agenda items.
- Money. Presentation on City Financials by Brendan K. Kennedy of the auditing firm of SaxBST LLP.
- Smokin'. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 177, “Taxation”, Article XII, “Exemption for Historic Districts” by adding Section §177-82, “Historic Districts”, to designate portions of downtown Rye as one historic district to allow property owners to apply for the real property tax exemption.
- Workin' on a Chain Gang. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, of the Rye City Code regarding regulations on mechanical rock removal.
- Wrinkle City. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 197, “Zoning”, of the Rye City Code by
amending Section §197-2, “Districts, A: Residence Districts” to change the zoning designation of a property at 120 Old Post Road from the B-4, Office Building, District to a New RA-6, Active Senior Residence, District; and amending Section §197-86, “Tables of Regulations: Table A, Residence Districts – Area Yard, Height and Miscellaneous Regulations” to add the proposed RA-6 zone.
- Rising Bureaucracy. Resolution authorizing the acceptance of funding through the NY Rising Community Reconstruction Program and providing authorization for the Mayor and City Council to
Manager to enter into the following agreement and resolutions: ● NY Rising Community Reconstruction Program Subrecipient Agreement; ● Resolution to adopt a Procurement Policy
● Resolution to adopt a Citizen Participation Plan; ● Resolution to adopt an Affirmative Action Plan; ● Resolution to adopt Section 504 Policies and Grievance Procedures
- Clerks. Resolution to approve a Memorandum of Agreement between the City of Rye and the Rye
CSEA Local 1000 Clerical Unit. Roll Call.
- Gettin' Hot. Resolution to adopt the Climate Smart Communities Pledge.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Show Me Your Asphalt. Bid Award for the Annual Street Resurfacing contract (Contract #2015-04).
- $240K Recycling Truck. Consideration to amend the Resolution of acceptance for a grant from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation for reimbursement for equipment purchased by the Department of Public Works.
- Trip to Slammer. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an Agreement with the County of Westchester for 2015-2016 Prisoner Transportation Services. Roll Call.
- Blue Code. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an Inter-municipal Agreement with Westchester County for the Mutual Aid and Rapid Response Plan for the Police Departments of Westchester County. Roll Call.
- Swamped. Designation of one member to the Boat Basin Nominating Committee.
- Wrinkles. Two appointments to the Rye Senior Advocacy Committee for a three-year term expiring January 1, 2018, by the Mayor with Council approval.
- Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 63nd annual celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
- Walk. Consideration of a request by the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society for use of city streets on Saturday, November 1, 2014 from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. for their annual Light the Night Walk event.
- Sweet! Consideration of a request by Longford’s Ice Cream for the use of City streets for their 20th Anniversary celebration on Sunday, August 6, 2015 from 12:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Presentation of the 2016-2020 Capital Improvement Plan will be held on Monday, August 3, 2015 at 7:30 p.m. The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, August 5, 2015 at 7:30 p.m.