(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, April 19, 2017 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to discuss attorney client matters.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 18 agenda items.
- Smok'in. Consideration of the election of the Chiefs of the Rye Fire Department.
- Where There's Smoke There is Fire. Approval of the election of one new member to the Rye Fire Department.
- Big Poles Ongoing.
- Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend the Rye City Code: (a) local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, by amending Section §133-4, “Points and method for measuring intensity of sound” to regulate placement and noise of telecommunication devices; (b) local law Chapter 167, “Streets and Sidewalks”, to add a new 196, “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities”, by amending Sections §196-3 through §196-8, §196-14, §196-17, §196-18, and §196-22 to regulate wireless facilities and structures regarding size, visual impact and permit process.Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Continuation of the Public Hearing regarding the request submitted by Crown Castle to amend their agreement with the City and for the installation of additional locations to their existing wireless telecommunications located in the City of Rye.
- Consideration of a resolution in connection with the request submitted by Crown Castle to amend the Right of Way Use Agreement and the installation of additional locations to their existing wireless telecommunications located in the City of Rye.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite.
- Grand. Authorization for the City Manager to enter into an agreement with BFJ Planning for the completion of a comprehensive update of the City of Rye Master Plan.
- $3,750 for Trees. Resolution to transfer funds donated to the Branching out for Rye Campaign to the General Fund, Shade Tree cost center. Roll Call.
- Blue Cash. Resolution to authorize expenditure of Police donations reserved for Police Programs for the purchase of items for the Adopt-a-School Program. Roll Call.
- Patronage. Resolution ratifying the appointment of one member to the Emergency Medical Services Committee for a three-year term expiring on June 30, 2020.
- Regs. Consideration of the proposed changes and additions to the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department:
- General Order #102.8 regarding the operational guidelines of the Bicycle Patrol Unit
- General Order #103.7 regarding the carry and use of Oleoresin Capsicum (O.C.) Spray
- General Order #103.10 regarding the training, deployment, use and aftercare of Conducted Electrical Weapons
- General Order #115.3 regarding the procedures for the training of new police officers during post-academy training
- General Order #116.2 regarding promotions and appointments
- General Order #118.2 regarding a new performance tracking software program entitled Guardian Tracking
- General Order #118.10 establishing uniform guidelines on Training and Records
- General Order #120.10 establishing administrative and operational procedures to regulate the collection, reporting, processing and dissemination of intelligence information.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 at the Square House at 7:30 p.m. A Joint Meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye and the Rye City School District Board of Education will be held on Saturday, April 22, 2017 at 9:00 a.m. in Rye City Hall.