(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to discuss litigation.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 17 agenda items.
- Big Pole Delay. Please note that the Tolling Agreement between the City of Rye and Crown Castle has been extended for a three-week period. No decision or vote on the Crown Castle matter (Agenda Items #6 and #7) will occur until the April 5, 2017 City Council Meeting.
- Big Pole Noise. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend the Rye City Code: (a) local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, by amending Section §133-4, “Points and method for measuring intensity of sound” to regulate placement and noise of telecommunication devices; (b) local law Chapter 167, “Streets and Sidewalks”, to add a new 196, “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities”, by amending Sections §196-3 through §196-8, §196-14, §196-17, §196-18, and §196-22 to regulate wireless facilities and structures regarding size, visual impact and permit process.
- Big Pole Hearing. Continuation of the Public Hearing regarding the request submitted by Crown Castle to amend their agreement with the City and for the installation of additional locations to their existing wireless telecommunications located in the City of Rye.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Tax Man.Adoption of the 2017 County property tax rates. Roll Call.
- Sand Trap? Resolution to appropriate $825,000 of the Golf Club Fund’s Unreserved Fund Balance for six major capital projects at the Rye Golf Club.
Roll Call. The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 15, 2017 at 7:30pm.
- Black & White. Resolution to transfer $45,000 from the Police Salaries line to the Building and Vehicle Fund for the purchase of a police vehicle. Roll Call.
- Living Off the Land. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of City Car Park #2 on Sundays from May 21, 2017 through December 3, 2017 from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. for the Rye Farmers Market.
- Sales. Consideration of a request by the Rye Chamber of Commerce for the use of City streets for the Annual Sidewalk Sale to be held on Thursday, July 27, 2017 through Saturday, July 29, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Nice. Consideration of a request by the Westchester County chapter of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) to have a ribbon initiative in the Central Business District during the month of May 2017.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, April 5, 2016 at 7:30pm.