(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, February 15, 2017 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 6:30pm and will adjourn into executive session to discuss litigation.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 16 agenda items.
- Boob Tube. Presentation on Rye TV.
- Big Poles. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend the Rye City Code: (a) local law Chapter 133, “Noise”, by amending Section §133-4, “Points and method for measuring intensity of sound” to regulate placement and noise of telecommunication devices; (b) local law Chapter 167, “Streets and Sidewalks”, to add a new 196, “Wireless Telecommunications Facilities”, by amending Sections §196-3 through §196-8, §196-14, §196-17, §196-18, and §196-22 to regulate wireless facilities and structures regarding size, visual impact and permit process.
- Candy Bars & Magazines. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 144, “Peddling and Soliciting”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §144-8, “Restrictions”, Subsections (D) and (G) to give the City Council authorization to waive the authorized time restrictions and location of peddlers / solicitors in a public place.
- H2No. Continuation of the Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 194, “Water”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §194-1, “Conservation in times of emergency”, to give the City Manager the authority to declare conservation in times of water emergency.
- Open Mic. A crowd favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Size Matters. Resolution to amend the 2017 Adopted Fees and Charges for the Rye Boat Basin Enterprise Fund. Roll Call.
- Be Kind. Resolution to approve a Workplace Violence Policy and a Workplace Violence Prevention Program for the City of Rye.
- Great Tradition. Consideration of a request by the Rye Free Reading Room for use of the Village Green and City Hall Parking lot to host the Annual Vehicle Fair on Sunday, May 21, 2017 from 11:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2017 at 7:30pm.