(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, July 9, 2014 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on July 9, 2014 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The Council will convene at 7:00pm and it is expected they will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss collective bargaining.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 22 agenda items.
- New Blue. Introduction of Police Commissioner William A. Pease, Jr. and recognition of Lt. Scott J. Craig, Sgt. Julio C. Rossi and Police Officer James P. Foti.
- Wrinkle City. Continuation of the Public Hearing to change the zoning designation of County-owned property located on Theodore Fremd Avenue and North Street to the RA-5 District to provide for the construction of affordable senior housing.
- Woof! Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 76, “Dogs”, Section §76-5, “Running at large
prohibited” and Section §76-6, “When leash required” to establish regulations for the
leashing of dogs at Rye Town Park.
- Transparency. Public Hearing to amend local law Article 6, “Council” of the Charter of the City of Rye to amend §C6-2 “Powers and duties” to add Section G to provide all Council members with the same authority as the Mayor as outlined in Section C7-1G to “examine the books, papers and
accounts of any board, commission, department, office or agency of the city.”
- Wash Out. Authorization for City Manager to enter into a settlement agreement regarding the United Water rate case.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Your Fired! Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend local law Article 6, “Council”, Section § C6-2, “Powers and duties”, Article 8 “City Manager”, Section § C8-2, “Powers and duties of
City Manager” and Article 12 “Department of Police”, Section § C12-1, “Head of Department; subordinates” of the Charter of the City of Rye to provide the City Council with the authority to approve the appointment, suspension or removal of the Police Commissioner.
- More Banks? Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 197, “Zoning”, of the Rye City Code by adding Section 197-15, “Special Permit for Historic Preservation in the B-2
Central Business District” to permit banks on the first floor of a building when certain conditions are met upon approval of a Special Use Permit by the City Council.
- Slow It Down. Consideration to set a Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 191, “Vehicles and Traffic”, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §191-7, “Speed limits”, to lower the
speed limit to 25 miles per hour on select roads, including Stuyvesant Avenue, Van Wagenen
Avenue, Forest Avenue, Oakland Beach Avenue, and Milton Road, during the Pilot Study recommended by the Traffic and Pedestrian Safety Committee.
- Cash for History. Resolution to transfer $10,000 from the Contingency account to fund the restoration and placement of the City of Rye Mile Markers.
- Patronage. Designation of two members to the Boat Basin Nominating Committee.
- FOIL'ed. Appeal of denial of FOIL requests by Timothy Chittenden.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Monday, August 4, 2014 at 7:30pm. The meeting will include the Presentation of the 2015-2019 Capital Improvement Plan.