(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, June 11, 2014 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on June 11, 2014 in Council Chambers in City Hall at 7:30pm. The meeting will be preceded by an Audit Committee Meeting beginning at 7:00 p.m. in the Mayor’s Conference room. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at the end of the meeting to discuss personnel.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 25 agenda items.
- Old Timers' Day. Presentation by Mayor and City Manager of Certificates of Public Service to members of the City staff who have reached milestones in their service to the City of Rye.
- Show Me The Money. Presentation on City Financials by Robert Daniele of the auditing firm of O’Connor Davies, LLP.
- Wrinkle City. Continuation of the Public Hearing to change the zoning designation of County-owned property located on Theodore Fremd Avenue and North Street to the RA-5 District to provide for the construction of affordable senior housing. It is anticipated that the Public Hearing will be held over while documents are reviewed.
- Even Less Parking for the Rye YMCA. Public Hearing to amend local law Chapter 191, Vehicles and Traffic, of the Rye City Code by amending Section §191-19, “No parking any time” to prohibit parking on the north side of Mead Place; and Section §191-19-1, “Parking prohibited certain hours” to remove the restriction of no parking on Mead Place Monday through Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- The Bird. Consideration of referral to the Board of Architectural Review and the Planning Commission, the request from the Landmarks Advisory Committee to landmark the Rye Meeting House and the Bird Homestead.
- Saved or Up in Smoke? Discussion regarding ways to engage in historic preservation and maintain the intrinsic character of Rye’s community by keeping the Smoke Shop as a central meeting place in Rye.
- Rocky Road. Discussion of the recommendation by the Traffic and Pedestrian Safety Committee that a Pilot Study be conducted to test the effect of reducing the speed limit to 25 miles per hour on Stuyvesant Avenue, and/or to remove the rocks and belgian block in the City right of way.
- Dog Wisperer. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for July 9, 2014 to amend local law Chapter 76, “Dogs”, Section §76-5, “Running at large prohibited” and Section §76-6, “When leash required” to establish regulations for the leashing of dogs at Rye Town Park.
- Include MyRye.com. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for July 9, 2014 on a proposed local law amending Article 6, “Council” of the Charter of the City of Rye to amend §C6-2 “Powers and duties” to add Section G to provide all Council members with the same authority as the Mayor as outlined in Section C7-1G to “examine the books, papers and accounts of any board, commission, department, office or agency of the city.”
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Book Club Material. Presentation of the City of Rye Stormwater Management Program 2013 Annual Report.
- Money Mission. Resolution to revise the Mission Statement for the Finance Committee.
- Self Driving? Presentation on Smart Parking Technology.
- Patronage. Resolution ratifying the appointment of one member to the Emergency Medical Services Committee for a three-year term ending June 30, 2017; One appointment to the Board of Architectural Review for a three-year term, by the Mayor with Council approval.
- Pothole. Bid Award for the Annual Street Resurfacing contract (Contract #2014-02). Roll Call.
- FOIL'ed. Appeal of denial of FOIL requests by Timothy Chittenden; Appeal of denial of FOIL request by David McKay Wilson.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, July 9, 2014 at 7:30pm.