(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, April 23, 2014 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, April 23, 2014, at 7:30pm in Council Chambers at City Hall. The Council will convene at 7:00pm and will adjourn into Executive Session to discuss personnel matters and litigation.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Big Red. Approval of the election of the Chiefs of the Rye Fire Department.
- Cleaning Up The Books. Resolution authorizing the City Comptroller to amend the 2013 Budgeted revenues to cover fiscal year-end expenditures. Roll Call.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Slow It Down. Approval of the recommendation by the Traffic and Pedestrian Safety Committee that a Pilot Study be conducted to test the effect of reducing the speed limit to 25 miles per hour on Stuyvesant Avenue.
- Roar. Consideration of a request by the Lions Club to hold a Community Event on the Village
Green on Sunday, May 18, 2014 from 10:30 a.m. to at 2:00 p.m.
- Mr. Open Mic. Consideration of a request by Jim Amico for the use of City streets for a Car Show
Fundraiser on Saturday, May 17, 2014 from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Walk. Consideration of a request by Colin Leslie for the use of City streets for the 8th Annual Colin Leslie Walk for Celiac Disease on Sunday, September 28, 2014 from 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Patronage. Two appointments to the Sustainability Committee by the Mayor with Council approval.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, May 7, 2014 at the
Square House at 7:30pm.