Here is a construction update from Rye City Schools:
(PHOTO: Structural steel is currently being installed for the science wing.)
The Rye High School/Middle School construction project is moving forward, with a great deal of progress having been made over the past two months. Most notably, the locker rooms were completed in November and are being used by students.
(PHOTO: Locker rooms were completed in November and feature new lockers, fixtures, benches, and flooring.)
Additionally, work on the new science wing continues to go well, and steel is currently being installed. A more detailed update will be presented at the January 14, 2014 Board of Education meeting.
- The improved locker rooms feature new and upgraded fixtures, lockers, benches, and flooring, providing safer and healthier facilities.
- The new locker rooms include handicap-accessible showers.
- The coaches' offices, located inside the locker rooms, have been renovated.
- Structural steel for the new science wing was delivered and is currently being installed.
- Installation of the underground piping system for the new science wing has been completed.
(PHOTO: Exterior work on the new science wing continues. The underground piping system has been completed and concrete has been poured.)