(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 is out.
There will be regular meeting held by the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday,January 29, 2014, at 7:30pm in Council Chambers at City Hall. The Council will adjourn into Executive Session at the end of the meeting to discuss litigation and personnel matters.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or contacting the City Manager’s Office at (914) 967-7404
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 20 agenda items.
- Help Wanted. Announcement of an opening for a City Court Judge (part-time) at the Rye City Court.
- GSD (Get Sh*t Done). Issues Update/Old Business. Proposal for Affordable Senior Housing on the County-owned property located on Theodore Fremd Avenue
- Roller Coaster. Presentation by the Playland Advisory Committee.
- Park Fees. Resolution authorizing the 2012 Rye City Share of Capital for Rye Town Park.
- NaCl for $50K. Resolution to transfer $50,000 from contingency to Public Works to purchase salt for storm coverage for the remainder of the winter season.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
- Patronage. Council designation to the Litigation and Case Management Committee; Designation of the City Council Liaisons by the Mayor; One appointment to the Board of Architectural Review for a three-year term; One appointment to the Conservation Commission/Advisory Council for a three-year term; Two appointments to the Finance Committee for a three-year term; Four appointments to the Flood Advisory Committee for a three-year term; Three appointments to the Landmarks Advisory Committee for a three-year term; Four appointments to the Rye Cable and Communications Committee for a three-year term; Two appointments to the Rye Town Park Advisory Committee for a three-year term
- Book 'Em. Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department: Amendment of General Order #113.7, “Domestic Violence”.; Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department: Approval of new General Order #113.21, “Guidelines for Recording Custodial Interrogations of Suspects”.
- Shhhh! It's a Secret. The Council will convene into Executive Session to discuss litigation and personnel matters.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 7:30pm.