(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Wednesday, October 24, 2012 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye on Wednesday, October 24, 2012, at 8:00pm in the Council Room of City Hall.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing [email protected]
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 19 agenda items.
- Where There is Smoke... Approval of the election of one new member to the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Update on the Boat Basin and Rye Golf Club debacles; Capital Projects Update: Bond Referendum, Central Avenue Bridge, Sluice Gate; Update on the Midland Avenue AKA Amico Stop Sign; Update on outstanding union contracts; Legal Update
- Roller Coaster Ride Over? Presentation by Sustainable Playland Inc. on the agreement signed with Westchester County for Reinventing Playland for the 21st Century.
- Quarterly. Financial Update by the City Comptroller providing 3rd quarter results.
- Excel Jockeys. Presentation by the Finance Committee on Rye Recreation.
- Start by Nuking the $300 Minimum. Resolution to establish a temporary Committee to develop an RFP for the operation of Whitby Castle.
- Patronage. One appointment to the Rye Senior Advocacy Committee for a three-year term expiring January 1, 2015, by the Mayor with Council approval; Designation of the Chair of the Rye Senior Advocacy Committee by the Mayor.
- Open Mic. A Crowd Favorite. Residents may be heard on matters for Council consideration that do not appear on the agenda.
The next regular meeting of the City Council will be held on Wednesday, November 7, 2012 at 8:00 pm including the presentation of the 2013 Budget. The City Council will hold Budget Workshops on Wednesday, November 14, 2012, Monday, November 26, 2012 and Wednesday, November 28, 2012 beginning at 8:00 pm.