(PICTURE: Rye City Hall by local artist Heather Patterson)
The city council's agenda for its meeting on Monday, August 6, 2012 is out.
There will be a regular meeting of the City Council of the City of Rye on this Monday, August 6, 2012, at 8:00 pm in the Council Room of City Hall (the meeting was originally scheduled for Wednesday the 8th). The meeting will be preceded by the Presentation of the 2013-2017 Capital Improvements Program beginning at 7:00 pm.
Office Hours of the Mayor by appointment by emailing email@example.com.
Let's check the batting order and highlights from the 21 agenda items.
- Two Alarm. Approval of the election of two new members to the Rye Fire Department.
- Smokey. Consideration to set a Public Hearing for September 12, 2012 to amend Chapter 98, “Fire Prevention” of the Code of the City of Rye by amending §98-4 “Board of Fire Wardens; Fire Inspector” regarding the Fire Inspector/Supervisor position for the Rye Fire Department.
- Doug's Details. Update on Bridge projects, Update on Forest Avenue Sharrows project, Legal update.
- Bonding. Continuation of Public Hearing to discuss potential capital projects to be included in a
November, 2012 Bond Referendum & Public Hearing to adopt bond resolutions for the November, 2012 Referendum for capital projects.
- For Sale. Update and Discussion of the proposals for the property located at 1037 Boston Post Road: Purchase and Sale Agreement between the City of Rye and Lester’s of Rye, LLC for the right of first refusal; Broker agreement between the City of Rye and CBRE to market the property.
- Norma Rae. Resolution to approve a Memorandum of Agreement between the City of Rye and the Rye CSEA Local 1000 Clerical Unit.
- Open Mic. Residents may be heard who have matters to discuss that do not appear on the agenda. Always a crowd pleaser...
- Blue Code. Consideration of proposed revision of the Rules and Regulations of the City of Rye Police Department.
- Boo! Consideration of request for permission to close a section of Purchase Street for the 60th
annual celebration of the Halloween Window Painting Contest.
- Rock On! Resolution to grant permission to the Rye Free Reading Room to hold a free public concert on the Village Green on Sunday, October 14, 2012 at 2 pm.
- Tape This One. Old Business. Discussion regarding Andrew Dapolite’s letter to the Board of Ethics